New To Theaters...
August 26, 2015:
August 21-23, 2015
New to Home Video...
August 25, 2015:
JENNIFER LAWRENCE AND AMY SCHUMER ARE WRITING A MOVIE TOGETHER
Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence may be taking their newfound friendship to the big screen. Jennifer was promoting the last Hunger Games movie in L.A. on Wednesday (August 26th) when she revealed to the NY Times that she and Amy are working on a project together.
She explained, "We play sisters. We're almost done writing. It just flowed out of us. We've got about 100 pages right now." Jennifer added, "Amy and I were creatively made for each other. We have different flavors. It's been the most fun experience of my life. We start the day off on the phone, laughing. And then we send each other pages. And we crack up. I'm flying out tomorrow to see her in Chicago. We'll write a little bit with her sister, Kim, who worked with Amy when she was writing Trainwreck."
- The Oscar winner also revealed how she and Amy became fast friends saying, "I emailed her after I saw Trainwreck and said, 'I don't know where to get started. I guess I should just say it: I'm in love with you.' We started emailing, and then emailing turned to texting. We really hit it off, to say the least."
- Jennifer and Amy made headlines back in July when photos surfaced of them on vacation together in the Hamptons.
PORN STAR IS CLAIMING SHE HAD FLING WITH JOSH DUGGAR
A porn star named Danica Dillon is claiming that she had a fling with Josh Duggar. She has given a new interview with In Touch Weekly discussing her history with the devout Christian and former reality star.
She claims that they first met while she was a dancer at the Gold Club in Philadelphia back in March and tells the magazine, "He walked into the Gold Club like a normal patron and said he'd been a fan for a long time and has watched my career grow -- he even said from before my boob job until recently -- and that he loved watching my very first scene on an adult website. Then it got creepy." Danica alleges that he paid for $600-worth of private dances before he offered additional payment to spend the night with her which she agreed to on two occasions. She described the sex saying, "He was manhandling me, basically tossing me around like I was a rag doll. It was very traumatic. I've had rough sex before, but this was terrifying."
- Danica predicted, "After I come out, there will probably be plenty more girls after me."
- She also admitted that she hopes Josh's wife, Anna, leaves him.
- The Duggar Family has not specifically addressed these allegations but they released a statement on Wednesday (August 26th) announcing that Josh entered treatment for his problems saying, "We are so thankful for the outpouring of love, care and prayers for our family during this most difficult situation with Josh. As parents we are so deeply grieved by our son’s decisions and actions. His wrong choices have deeply hurt his precious wife and children and have negatively affected so many others. He has also brought great insult to the values and faith we hold dear. Yesterday Josh checked himself into a long-term treatment center. For him it will be a long journey toward wholeness and recovery. We pray that in this he comes to complete repentance and sincere change. In the meantime, we will be offering our love, care and devoted support to Anna and our grandchildren as she also receives counsel and help for her own heart and future. During this time we continue to look to God -- He is our rock and comfort. We ask for your continued prayers for our entire family."
REPORT: TOM BRADY AND GISELE ARE HAVING MARRIAGE PROBLEMS
Are Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen going to be the next big celebrity breakup? There are rumors making the rounds that Tom's recent deflategate drama has taken a toll on their relationship.
A source told People, "There have been a lot of stresses in their marriage in the last year, especially during football season. Tom is singularly focused on his career and sometimes Gisele feels left out. There have been arguments." The source also describes Tom as being "nasty and cold" when he is dealing with his own problems.
- They both spent their birthdays apart over the summer.
- Gisele was also not present at Tom's court hearing or his preseason game against the Green Bay Packers on August 14th.
- Other insiders insist that the relationship is as strong as ever and that they have both just been busy with their careers to always be together.
- Tom and Gisele have been married for over six years. They have two children -- five-year-old Benjamin and two-year-old Vivian Lake.
'PRETTY LITTLE LIARS' UNDER FIRE OVER TREATMENT OF TRANS CHARACTER
The writers of ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars have been stringing fans along for years regarding the identity of "A" and now that all has been revealed, people are pissed. Spoiler alert: the identity of the show's central villain ended up being a transgender character named Charlotte DiLaurentis, played by Vanessa Ray, and now the folks behind the show have received backlash for their treatment of Charlotte.
The official Twitter account for the show tweeted but quickly deleted a photo of Charlotte on Monday (August 24th) which read, "He's alive...and he's coming for us." along with a caption that read, "He. She. It. Charlotte. #PrettyLitteLiars" The tweet got an overwhelmingly negative response from fans even after it was taken down. It was replaced with the same photo but with the caption, "She came. She saw. She conquered. #PrettyLittleLiars" The replacement tweet was also bashed on social media which prompted ABC Family to release the following statement, "This tweet was in reference to lines Spencer and Hanna have said in previous episodes venting their frustration about not knowing the identity or gender of their tormentor ("A"). It was spoken by these characters a season before they found out that "A" was a transgender character. We updated the reference by including the name Charlotte because it was revealed that Charlotte is "A." Once it was tweeted we realized that it could be misinterpreted, and in no way wanted to offend anyone, so we immediately deleted the tweet."
- Pretty Little Liars showrunner I. Marlene King took to Instagram on Tuesday (August 25th) to write, "The Pretty Little Liars official Instagram account is not run by the show's creators, cast or crew. We too were upset by the post yesterday and were happy to see that it was removed." She added, "I encourage all people to be their true selves. And offer my support to the LBGT community."
- The show has been slammed by LGBT advocacy groups since Charlotte was first introduced. SPARTA director Brynn Tannehill wrote on The Huffington Post, "They managed to create a character that simultaneously exemplifies all the negative stereotypes that prevent transgender people from getting jobs, receiving health care, finding housing and being accepted as who they are by their families."
ROSIE'S TEEN DAUGHTER MOVES OUT: Rosie O'Donnell's teen daughter, Chelsea, has moved out following the recent family drama which led her to run away from home for a week. TMZ is reporting that she moved out on her 18th birthday on Monday (August 24th) to live with her birth mother, Deanna, who drove from Wisconsin to pick her up. Rosie adopted Chelsea back in 1997. Sources tell the website that Rosie didn't want her daughter to leave and has cut her off financially as well as refused to turn over her birth certificate and social security card.
SNOOKI BLASTS US WEEKLY FOR CHEATING STORY: Snooki has shot down the rumor that her husband had an account on Ashley Madison and now she is targeting Us Weekly for trying to destroy her family. The former MTV star tweeted a link to one of the tabloid's stories about her on Wednesday (August 26th) and wrote, "LOL what scandal? The one you guys made up? We are laughing. Stop trying to ruin our family." She also responded to a Twitter user who said she wasn't that important writing, "That's what I'm saying! I'm irrelevant, leave us alone!!!" Us Weekly was reporting that Snooki was ignoring her husband's scandal by focusing on her son's third birthday.
JENNIFER ANISTON WORE J. CREW AT HER WEDDING: There are still many details of Jennifer Aniston's wedding look being kept secret but Us Weekly is reporting that at least part of her outfit was J. Crew. An insider revealed that she wore a veil from the chain store which typically sells for around $200. It is also being reported that Jen opted to wear a dress that wasn't super high-end. The source added, "Jen bought her dress at a store. It wasn't thousands of dollars." Meanwhile, her new hubby, Justin Theroux, recently discussed married life to People saying, "It does feel different. It's nice to be able to look down and see a new piece of jewelry on my finger."
TRACY MORGAN GUSHES ABOUT WIFE MEGAN WOLLOVER: Tracy Morgan could not be happier about locking down his new bride Megan Wollover. He recently told People, "The very first thing I said to Megan when I met her was, 'You are going to be my wife.' No joke, before I even said 'Hello,' I knew we would be married one day. Megan was by my side throughout all of the hard times of this past year. She is my rock, and I couldn't be happier to have her take my last name. We are the Morgans!" Tracy and Megan married in New Jersey on August 23rd.
PAMELA ANDERSON DOESN'T FEAR HER 50TH BIRTHDAY: Pamela Anderson turned 48 last month but has no fear about her approaching 50th. She told People, "It is what it is. Besides, I feel like I'm getting younger all the time." Pam revealed that she has tried Botox but didn't like it adding, "I felt like my eyes sunk into my head so far that I didn't look like me anymore! I'm not into all that stuff. I think a little bit of maintenance is good. There are things we can do to perk ourselves up. Some people go too far. I'm not obsessed." She also said, "I love Jane Fonda and Brigitte Bardot. It's like the old saying goes: 'Beauty comes from within.' It's about embracing it and feeling great about what you have. And doing the best for you."
DAVID SPADE LOST LARA FLYNN BOYLE TO JACK NICHOLSON: David Spade reveals in the new issue of Details magazine that Jack Nicholson once stole away his girlfriend. The SNL alum explains, "Nicholson asked Lara Flynn Boyle out in front of me, while we were all smoking a doob somewhere. She got mad because I didn't stick up for her. I said, 'I've been in this town long enough to know when I'm outranked. You're either gonna go out with him or you're not.' She goes, 'No way. He's worse than Trump!'" David goes on to say that he learned that Lara and Jack actually started seeing each other from the National Enquirer after she was in Nicholson's car during a crash and allegedly tempted to leave the scene saying, "I have a boyfriend! I can't be here!" Lara and Jack ended up dating for a little over a year.
PAULA DEEN JOINS 'DANCING WITH THE STARS': Paula Deen is reportedly the latest star to join season 21 of Dancing With the Stars. The celebrity chef apparently rejected offers for the show in the past but has finally given in. She joins the previously announced stars Bindi Irwin, Nick Carter, and Triple Crown-winning jockey Victor Espinoza. It is also rumored that Chaka Khan will be competing when the show premieres next month.
USA POSTPONES 'MR. ROBOT' FINALE DUE TO VIRGINIA SHOOTING: USA network postponed the season one finale of Mr. Robot scheduled to air lastnight (August 26th) because of a scene featuring an on-camera shooting that was deemed too similar to the shooting that happened yesterday morning in Virginia. The show's official tweets read, "The previously filmed season finale of Mr. Robot contains a graphic scene similar in nature to today’s tragic events in Virginia. Out of respect to the victims, their families and colleagues, and our viewers, we are postponing tonight’s episode. Our thoughts go out to all those affected during this difficult time." The episode will now air on September 2nd.
ROBERT PATTINSON WILL BE HEADING TO SPACE: Robert Pattinson has signed on to play a futuristic astronaut in a new untitled sci-fi film from French filmmaker Claire Denis. Production is expected to begin at the end of the year or early 2016. Denis co-wrote the film and will also direct.
TV SERIES BASED ON ASHLEY MADISON IN THE WORKS: Hollywood is developing a TV show about the Ashley Madison website. OutEast Entertainment is teaming with Toronto-based Marblemedia on the project which is tentatively titled, Thank You Ashley Madison. OutEast partner Courtney Hazlett told The Hollywood Reporter, "There are a lot of TV shows doing a great job of presenting marriage storylines in new ways, but what we're positing here is, what if there is a third lane to run in and what if you were honest about it? What if you didn't need a hack to have this conversation? Maybe this is where your life just is, and no shows on television are offering that. Anytime 30 million people are doing anything, it becomes worthy of a real discussion."
'THE HOBBIT' TRILOGY IS HEADING BACK TO THEATERS: Lord of the Rings fans will be given a new opportunity to catch The Hobbit trilogy in theaters when all three films are re-released in October. 500 venues across the country will be screening extended editions of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug, and The Battle of the Five Armies on October 5th, October 7th, and on October 13th. The screenings will also include a recorded introduction by direct/co-writer/producer Peter Jackson.
ANOTHER SHONDA RHIMES DRAMA MAY BE COMING TO ABC: Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers' production company, Shondaland, is developing another new series for ABC. The project is described as an ensemble drama about Catholic nuns in New York City. The show comes from writer and executive producer Alison Schapker who has previously worked on The Flash, Almost Human, Fringe, and Brothers & Sisters.
ANNE HATHAWAY PRODUCING AND STARRING IN NEW SCI-FI COMEDY: Anne Hathaway has a new sci-fi comedy in the works that she will be producing and starring in. The movie is called The Shower and begins at a baby shower where guests witness a meteor shower which ends up turning men into aliens and the women must band together to save themselves and the world. The script was written by Jac Schaeffer.
KHLOE KARDASHIAN AND JAMES HARDEN PISSED OFF LOCAL RESIDENTS WITH FIREWORKS
A midnight fireworks display in the middle of the week may not be the best way to make friends with the neighbors. Khloe Kardashian pissed off a bunch of local celebrity residents first thing in the morning on Wednesday (August 26th) near Marina Del Rey, California by setting off fireworks to celebrate the 26th birthday of her boyfriend, James Harden.
Khloe, James, and nearly 200 guests enjoyed the spectacle but people like Josh Gad and Rebecca Black were not quite as entertained. Josh tweeted, "To whomever planned fireworks at midnight on a Tues thank u. Sincerely parents of 2 children who just woke up thinking we were being shelled." Rebecca wrote, "who on earth in the los angeles area decided it’d be a good idea to set off FIREWORKS AT MIDNIGHT IM TRYING TO SLEEP."
- Actor/writer Dan Ewen hit the nail on the head when he wrote, "Some private party just did this at 12am. I thought Russia was invading. I'll be sad if it wasn't Kanye. #fireworks."
- Kanye West was actually one of the guests along with the rest of the Kardashians, Tyga, Amber Rose, and NBA stars.
- TMZ is reporting that the party did not have the proper government permits to set off the display. One councilman revealed plans to launch an investigation.
- It is also believed that the fireworks were purposely set off far enough off-shore to be outside of the city's jurisdiction.