New To Theaters...
May 27, 2016:
May 20-22, 2016
New to Home Video...
May 24, 2016:
IS JOHNNY DEPP'S $400 MILLION FORTUNE AT RISK?
Actor Johnny Depp's $400 million fortune could take a hit in his pending divorce. Actress Amber Heard filed for divorce on Monday, May 24th, and she is seeking spousal support and attorney fees. Depp's lawyer, Laura Wasser, responded to the petition by requesting that each party cover their own legal fees and denying the request for alimony. The couple, who got married on February 3rd, 2015, did not have a prenuptial agreement.
- A rep for Depp released the following statement, "Given the brevity of this marriage and the most recent and tragic loss of his mother, Johnny will not respond to any of the salacious false stories, gossip, misinformation and lies about his personal life. Hopefully the dissolution of this short marriage will be resolved quickly."
- E! News reports per California law, anything that the two parties earned prior to the marriage is safe. Anything earned or acquired during the marriage could be split down the middle. Depp allegedly earned $30 million during the union from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell and his endorsement of the men's fragrance Dior Sauvage. Heard earned some income from The Danish Girl.
- Where the divorce can get messy is in terms of spousal support. Typically in California, the couple has to be together for 10 years for a spouse to get support as long as needed. In Heard's case she's only been married for 15 months and has some income slated to come in from The Justice League Part One and Aquaman.
- Another major variable will be if as the lesser earning spouse she's become accustomed to a standard of living that she will not be able to maintain on her own. The couple lived in Depp's Los Angeles penthouse and she drove his Range Rover. A judge could order support so that Heard can maintain her lifestyle.
- Ultimately the laws only come into play if the couple is unable to reach an agreement on their own.
GWYNETH PALTROW AND CHRIS MARTIN FINALIZE DIVORCE
Gwyneth Paltrow and Coldplay frontman Chris Martin have finalized their divorce. The couple got married in 2003 and split in December of 2015. The couple was able to privately work out a settlement of their property and forfeited the right to spousal support. The couple has also agreed to joint custody of their two children, Apple and Moses. In April, Paltrow told Marie Claire, "I think we are better as friends than we were married. We are very close and supportive of one another."
- Their agreement will remain private as a default judgment will be entered on the divorce as Martin never responded to the initial petition. This was a pre-approved legal move by the couple to keep their final settlement private.
- Since their split, Paltrow has been dating American Horror Story producer Brad Falchuk while Martin has been romantically linked to Jennifer Lawrence and Annabelle Wallis.
JAMIE LYNN SPEARS OPENS UP ABOUT BEING A TEEN MOM
Actress and singer Jamie Lynn Spears got emotional while discussing the challenges of getting pregnant as a teen during her new special, Jamie Lynn Spears: When the Lights Go Out, which airs on June 26th at 10 pm on TLC. In 2007 at the age of 16, Spears announced she was having a baby and the responses were harsh. She explained, "A lot of horrible, nasty things were said . . . I look back now and I'm like, 'Oh my Gosh.'"
- The former All That and Zoey 101 star also explained during the special, "I'm not just a child star . . . And I'm not just someone's sister. And I'm not just a teen mom."
- The program also features her parents, Jamie Spears and Lynne Spears, and the young singer's performance at the Grand Ole Opry. Her sister, Britney Spears, introduced her at the performance by telling the audience, "Not only is she beautiful and extremely talented, she's my little sister."
- Jamie Lynn is now married to James Watson and her daughter Maddie is seven.
KHLOE KARDASHIAN FILES FOR DIVORCE AGAIN
On Thursday, May 26th, reality star Khloe Kardashian filed for divorce for the second time from her husband, Lamar Odom. She initially filed for divorce in December 2013 amid rumors of Odom's infidelity and drug use. The reality star called off the divorce after the former NBA star was found unresponsive in a brothel last October. A source told E! News, "Khloe thinks this was the right thing to do right now."
- Kardashian always maintained the reconciliation wasn't a romantic one but rather one so that she could make medical decisions and nurse Odom back to health.
- During a recent episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, the couple joked about getting married again. Khloe shared why they needed to end their current union. She said, " . . . we're definitely getting out of this marriage . . . because it's been a little tainted."
- Kardashian, who is represented by Laura Wasser, listed ""irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the split.
REBEL WILSON GOT BODY DOUBLE FOR NUDE SCENES
Rebel Wilson isn't into doing nude scenes on camera. The actress had a no nudity clause added to her contract which came in handy for her role in Sacha Baron's The Brothers Grimsby. She told Marie Claire U.K., "They wanted full-frontal nudity . . . We write in the contract, specifically, 'No nudity.' They got in another girl . . . this larger burlesque dancer from South Africa . . . to be a nude double. And they got her to do all this stuff. Sacha would go, 'See, she looks good.' I'm like, 'I'm not doing it. I don't care what you say.'"
- Wilson added that for a serious role she may consider it. She explained, "You want to know that the people behind the camera have a certain sensibility and decency . . . And a lot of times in comedy they're not those people."
- The actress, who appears on the cover Marie Claire U.K.'s July issue, is still looking for Mr. Right. She explained, "I'm very independent . . . To the point where I'm too independent. If you're a successful woman, you want to find the right person, but you don't necessarily need them. I don't know whether that sounds weird, but there's a whole crop of young women who are in that situation now. I don't want to settle for someone if they're not right but, because I get to do such awesome fun stuff all the time, I really want to share that with somebody. We'll see."
JAKE GYLLENHAAL JOINS AMY SCHUMER FOR 'CATFISH' PARODY: Jake Gyllenhaal was a special guest on Amy Schumer's Comedy Central show, Inside Amy Schumer, on Thursday, May 26th. The pair and ferret performed a hilarious parody of MTV's Catfish.
EVA LONGORIA SHARES HONEYMOON PHOTOS: Eva Longoria is currently enjoying her honeymoon with Jose Antonio Baston at an undisclosed tropical paradise. She shared a video of herself in a lagoon under a waterfalls with the caption, "OK I wasn't going to do much snaps on my honeymoon, but I had to show you guys that."
'LOVE & HIP HOP' STAR LOSES EXOTIC CAT: Producer Mally Mall, who appeared on Love & Hip Hop: LA, lost one of his exotic cats in a fire at his Las Vegas home. According to reports, the fire started in the closet of the master bedroom and firemen found the cat unresponsive after putting out the blaze.
ROBIN WRIGHT PLEASED WITH BAD REVIEWS OF 'THE LAST FACE': Robin Wright tried to develop The Last Face for many years but couldn't get the financing. When she split from Sean Penn, he obtained the script and got his then girlfriend Charlize Theron to star in it. A source told Page Six, "Robin is thrilled the movie bombed. She has too much class to say so publicly, but this was her baby."
- The source added, "It would have killed her if Charlize had won an Oscar in the role that was meant for her."
'PROJECT RUNWAY' RENEWED FOR THREE MORE SEASONS: Lifetime has reached a deal with the Weinstein Company to renew Project Runway for three more seasons, Project Runway All Stars for two more seasons and Project Runway Juniors for one more season. The franchise started on Bravo but moved to Lifetime several years ago. The deal also includes The Weinstein Company's latest fashion reality show, Fashion Inc.
NETWORKS INTERESTED IN TRUMP VERSUS SANDERS DEBATE: Variety reports that several networks are interested in having Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders debate. ABC, CBS and Fox News have all expressed interest in hosting the debate.
MARTIN SHORT AND MAYA RANDOLPH TO LAUNCH VARIETY SHOW: Maya Rudolph and Martin Short will launch their new six episode variety show, Maya & Marty, on May 31st at 10 pm on NBC. The show will feature special guests, singing and comic sketches. Saturday Night Live creator Lorne Michaels, who is producing the show, explained, "They just take the audience when they get out there, and they’re not getting off until they win."
CAST OF 'STEP SISTERS' ANNOUNCED:The ensemble cast of the new dance comedy, Step Sisters, formerly Ain’t No Half Steppin will include Megalyn Echikunwoke, Eden Sher, Lyndon Smith, Gage Golightly, Nia Jervier, Alessandra Torresani, Marque Richardson, Naturi Naughton and Matt McGorry. The series begins shooting in Atlanta in June and will be directed by Charles Stone.