New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (5/27):
JUSTIN BIEBER SUED FOR ALLEGEDLY STEALING 'SORRY'
Indie artist White Hinterland is suing Justin Bieber over the song "Sorry." The court filing indicates that Hinterland, a.k.a. Casey Daniel, believes the 8-second vocal riff at the beginning of "Sorry" is stolen from her 2014 song, "Ring The Bell."
Hinterland added that the two songs also have similar keyboard synthesizers and percussion sounds. She is asking for an undisclosed amount of money, and wants Justin to be barred from using the beat.
- Hinterland also names Skrillex, who produced the track.
- She said she reached out and asked Justin to stop using the vocal last year but claims he ignored her.
NICK JONAS DEBUTS TRAILER FOR DOCUMENTARY SERIES ABOUT NEW ALBUM
Nick Jonas debuted a trailer for his upcoming documentary series which takes a look at the making of his new album, Last Year Was Complicated. He debuted the clip on Twitter, saying, "This album has been my most personal & I wanted a way to share the process with you sonically + visually."
In the actual trailer, Nick says, "I could fall flat on my face with this album… Falling flat on my face would be fine, because I know I made something I’m really proud of."
- Last Year Was Complicated: The Documentary Series is available to stream on Tidal on June 1st.
- Nick’s album, Last Year Was Complicated, drops June 10th.
CHRIS BROWN'S BABY MAMA SPEAKS ON CO-PARENTING
Chris Brown's baby mama, Nia Guzman, has opened up about co-parenting with the singer. During an interview with Latina magazine, Guzman explained, "Not until the custody issues were raised, that’s when we stopped talking and negativity started. But in the beginning of all this, it was all love. We both went through breakups, we both dealt with them, we both checked on each other throughout everything going on. And then to be here now is just really… is just really crazy, and it’s really hurtful. I don’t know how to get back to the way we were, until time can heal that."
She went on to say, "He knows he cannot do it on his own. She’s only two, and she’s a lot of work. I just wanted a nanny in place when she was with him, and it be agreed upon. It’s not like I was just going to throw anybody in there, it was something that we would agree, and this was what it was going to be, and then we go forth."
- Guzman also addressed the picture of their daughter, Royalty, which Breezy thought was inappropriate. She said, "I have a phone. I have a phone, and I tried over and over and over to co-parent, to try and get this right. It went global! The picture’s everywhere! I personally saw nothing wrong with it. She always dresses like that to dance class. It was a cute picture, she had just finished dance, she was pouting. It was a funny moment."
KANYE WEST AND KIM K THREATEN TO SUE BODYGUARD
Gossip Cop has reported that KimYe have threatened to sue bodyguard, Steve Stanulis, for $10 million for violating a confidentiality agreement. Stanulis has been in the media talking about Kanye firing him for talking to Kim. The bodyguard has also made numerous claims about the couple and their marriage. Gossip Cop, however, has reported that Stanulis was not a part of KimYe's personal security team. He was actually an independent contractor that was hired as extra help by a third party for two occasions. Stanulis was also required to sign a disclosure agreement.
Kim and Kanye are considering legal action if Stanulis doesn't issue an apology for the claims he has made in various interviews. A rep for Ye told the site, "The West Family will no longer tolerate the spreading and selling of fake stories in a desperate, transparent and shameless attempt for publicity at their expense. This sad, parasitic maniac has violated every basic human tenant of decency with his story of lies. As such, the Wests will explore all legal means at their disposal to silence this nonsense."
- If Stanulis doesn't comply with the couple's legal letter, he will be facing a $10 million lawsuit.
ZENDAYA SPEAKS ON AALIYAH MOVIE, GIULIANA RANCIC INCIDENT IN 'WONDERLAND' MAGAZINE
Zendaya covers the summer 2016 issue of Wonderland magazine, and inside she expands a little on why she dropped out of the Aaliyah movie. She said, "… It didn’t have the blessing of anyone and I felt it’s production value wasn’t as high as it should have been. I’m too much of a fan to do something that I felt wasn’t worthy of her."
- Meanwhile, she tells Wonderland that she runs her own Twitter account, explaining, "Whatever you see on Twitter, that’s all me… There’s nobody telling me what to do. I choose what I do, because I have a brain."
CALVIN HARRIS CANCELS TWO MORE SHOWS FOLLOWING CAR ACCIDENT: Calvin Harris’ team posted an update on Facebook, saying, "Adam is still recovering from the injuries sustained in the car accident last Friday." Last night’s show in Las Vegas at Hakkasan and tonight’s (5/27) show at Omnia were both cancelled. The post continued, "He has asked us to pass on his apologies to everyone who was due to attend the shows and hopes to be back to his normal schedule soon. - Calvin HQ."