New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (7/29):
Halsey has revealed that she had a miscarriage while on tour last year. The singer unveiled her vulnerable side during a recent interview with Rolling Stone, revealing that she didn't "feel like a f**king human being anymore." Halsey explained, "I felt like I was suffocating reading that article. Like someone put a shopping bag over my head. I didn't want to meet you at all. I was really terrified of you, because I knew as soon as I saw you, I was going to need to tell you that last year on tour I got pregnant."
She continued, "What happens? Do I lose my record deal? Do I lose everything? Or do I keep the pregnancy? What are the fans going to think? What are the moms going to think? What is the Midwest going to think? What's f**king everyone going to think?" Halsey went on to describe the miscarriage, which happened hours before she was supposed to hit the stage. She continued, "I'm like, 'I have to cancel this show!' And everyone's kind of like, 'Well, it's Vevo LIFT, and it's 3 million impressions, so ...' No one knew what to do."
- Halsey says she put on an adult diaper, took two pain killers and went on with her performance. She went on to say, "It's the angriest performance that I've ever done in my life. That was the moment of my life where I thought to myself, 'I don't feel like a f**king human being anymore.' This thing, this music, Halsey, whatever it is that I'm doing, took precedence and priority over every decision that I made regarding this entire situation from the moment I found out until the moment it went wrong. I walked offstage and went into the parking lot and just started throwing up."
- She added, "I want to be a mom more than I want to be a pop star. More than I want to be anything in the world."
KIMYE DISCUSS TAYLOR SWIFT & SELFIES IN 'HARPER'S BAZAAR'
Kanye West and wife Kim Kardashian are on the cover of the recent issue of Harper's Bazaar. In their first couples Q&A, the two reveal whether they have a favorite Taylor Swift song, selfies and more.
Kanye revealed his favorite body part, saying, "Is the face a body part? My favorite body part of Kim’s: heart."
- Kim said, "Awww, now I have to say the same. But of my own, I like my upper stomach. I just seem to always have abs. When I’m not really pregnant, I have a great two-pack. Laughs. And of Kanye’s? I have to say his heart. And I’ve always loved his legs."
- Kanye on his favorite Taylor Swift song, "For me? I don’t have one." Kim said, "I was such a fan of hers."
KIMYE REVEAL THEIR INSECURITIES
Kim on her selfies, "I love a selfie in the mirror." Kanye said about selfies, "I used to do nude selfies in my single days.You’d get a good c*ck shot here and there. Laughs. Gotta keep it rock ‘n’ roll."
On Kim's selfies, he said, "I love her nude selfies. Like, I love the ones from the side, the back ones, and the front. I just love seeing her naked; I love nudity. And I love beautiful shapes. I feel like it’s almost a Renaissance thing, a painting, a modern version of a painting. I think it’s important for Kim to have her figure. To not show it would be like Adele not singing."
- Kim on insecurities: "I would say looking fat sometimes. I really do take it seriously. I try to do what I can and diet and stay in shape, and it does make me insecure when I’m heavy."
- Kanye on insecurities: "I used to have insecurity about my finances, then I announced that I had debt, and now I don’t have any insecurities."
Who’s more vain:
- KKW: "I mean, me."
- KW: "Yeah, I think she has vanity. And with me, I don’t give a fuck, bro; it is what it is. I’m the best—now what? I don’t know if that’s a vain statement. I don’t particularly like photos of myself, though."
- KKW: "Yeah, what is the definition of vain? I want to look up exactly what the definition is.Googles. Vain, definition: "having or showing an excessively high opinion of one’s appearance, abilities, or worth."
Anything they wish the world didn’t know about:
- KKW: "Definitely. I was going to say some ugly looks and stuff."
- KW: "Some pregnancy stuff. You killed this second pregnancy, though.Your body slammed that crap. You made that second pregnancy your b*tch."
- KKW: "I wish I had a little bit more privacy."
On historical figures they identify with:
- KW: "Us? Muhammad Ali, Marilyn Monroe–all day. Next question."
- KW: "I think about things to put them in a place where I don’t have to think about them anymore. Say if I had a child with a really bad mom, I would have to think more than if I had a child with a good mom. I’m just doing my homework early. I told my trainer today, I’m a mix of a 14-year-old high schooler and a 60-year-old guy. It can never fall into the 30s or the 40s. It has to be 100 percent 60 or 100 percent 14, no in between."
Kanye and Kim on their hidden talents:
- KKW: "I can smell when someone has a cavity. It’s a very specific smell—not a bad-breath smell—but something that is really strong."
- KW: "I can analyze people’s intentions. Immediately.That’s just a warning. To everyone."
JOJO SAYS HER OLD LABEL FORCED HER TO LOSE WEIGHT USING DIET SUPPLEMENTS
JoJo has revealed that her old label forced her to lose weight, which resulted in her injecting herself with weight loss supplements. During an interview with PopSugar, she explained, "I was under a lot of pressure with a company I was at previously and they wanted me to lose weight fast. So they got me with a nutritionist and had me, like, on all these supplements, and I was injecting myself. It makes your body only need certain calories, so I ate 500 calories a day."
- The singer admitted that she understood that taking the supplements "was the most unhealthy thing I've ever done." She went on to say, "I felt like, 'If I don't do this, my album won't come out.' Which it didn't! So it's not like it even worked. I felt terrible about myself and I was upset that I even subscribed to the standard they wanted me to be at."
JOJO SAYS SHE DIDN'T OWN HER VOICE IN HER PREVIOUS RECORD DEAL
Meanwhile, the singer announced earlier this weekend that her third album, Mad Love, will be dropping later this year. However, JoJo's previous battle with her record label over the years was no secret. During an interview with People magazine, she said, "At 17 or 18, I started recording this third album that has yet to come out. I've recorded hundreds of songs that, unfortunately, will not be able to heard – for a variety of reasons, not because I don’t want people to hear them. Hundreds of songs. There've been several incarnations of this album. I never stopped recording. That's why when people ask, 'How does it feel to be in the studio again?' Well, it feels very normal because I've been in the studio for the past seven years."
She continued, "I never left. But there was a point where I was, like, 'Why am I even here anymore? Why am I in the studio? No one's going to hear this.' I was in a bad contract. I had to sue my previous label. I didn't own my voice. I was writing these songs myself, but I was like, 'I can't put out songs for free without getting the permission without getting the producers and the co-writers, and I don't feel comfortable putting out people's work with out giving them compensation. We deserve to be compensated for our work.'"
- JoJo added, "But that was a real bummer, not knowing if people would ever hear what I was doing – but I had to stay creative or else I would have gone insane. I always kept that hope alive, that one day it would pay off in the form of being able to put out a full-length album again and that I could play these songs for somebody who would then take me on in the next chapter."
- Mad Love drops on October 14th.
NEW DETAILS SURFACE IN NICKI MINAJ'S BROTHER'S RAPE CASE
New details have unfolded in Nicki Minaj's brother, Jelani Maraj's, child rape case. Bossip has reported that Maraj's DNA matched the semen found on the clothes of the 12-year-old girl who accused him of rape. During a hearing that took place in Nassau County Supreme Court earlier this week, Anthony Pirri, the assistant district attorney told the judge, "…A DNA profile, a partial profile matching the defendant or consistent with the defendant, your honor, to the point in the hundreds of billionths of chance of it being any other individual, was discovered in the…pants of the complainant in this case, and also tested positive indicating the presence of semen."
- Maraj has been offered a deal of 15 years to life.
M.I.A. SLAMS THE VMAS OVER 'BORDERS' NOMINATION SNUB
M.I.A. is blasting the MTV Video Music Awards for snubbing her video, "Borders." The rapper claimed the award show discriminated against her clip in a recent Twitter rant. M.I.A. said, "MIA - 'BORDERS' is not included in the VMAs #hahahahhaahahhaha!! Racism sexism classism elitism #dontwantyourlane! 'BORDERS' came representing people outside US showing 🌍. This is a perfect example of 'allowed' voice vs excluded voices. Even if U direct it. Not here 4 EGO or cccolades but know before you tell other 🌍 artists they have the same platform as major US artists coz they don't #🌍"
- She ended with, "#f**ktheVMAs we don't need their recognition !! Keeping our future in the books . checking on…"
ZAYN MALIK SPEAKS ON GIGI HADID BEING HIS PERFECT MATCH
Zayn Malik has explained why his girlfriend, Gigi Hadid, is such a good match for him. During a recent interview with Elle UK, the singer said, "She's super intelligent, I think that's why it works so well. And we do the same type of job so we get that with each other."
He also spoke on the other female influences in his life, such as his mom and three sisters. Zayn said, "I enjoyed the womanly influence. I have a lot of respect for women because of them. They are so strong, powerful and do everything themselves."
And as far as leaving One Direction, Zayn said, "My entire life has changed in the last year. I’m still taking it all in. I've found so much out about myself. Mostly how in love with music I still was. The album is a build up of six years and never being able to express what I wanted to say. I had something to get off my chest."
- He continued, "At that time in my life I felt I had done everything I could do there, and I just needed to change it up. It didn't feel brave. I just don't have it in me to feel fully secure in anything I do. I always strive towards something better. It's why I think sometimes I come across the wrong way, a bit distant. I'm just stressed out trying to control how I'm perceived. I think about things a lot."
NICK JONAS TO APPEAR IN JUMANJI REMAKE?: E! News has confirmed that Nick Jonas is in talks of starring in the remake of the 1995 film, Jumanji. The movie is set to hit theaters on July 28, 2017.
SELENA GOMEZ DROPPING A NEW ALBUM: Selena Gomez has revealed that she is dropping a new album. During the Singapore stop of her "Revival Tour," Selena said, "So, lately I've been writing and recording some new music. I'm getting ready to release another album. I can definitely say that now."