New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (4/22):
CHRIS BROWN'S BODYGUARD REFUSING TO TESTIFY
AllHipHop has reported that Chris Brown's bodyguard -- Christopher Hollosy, is holding up the singer's trial because he is refusing to testify. The singer -- who is set to be on trial for his D.C. assault case, is set to begin his trial today (April 23rd) at 9:30 a.m.
As previously reported, Hollosy was found guilty of assaulting a man outside of the W Hotel in D.C. back in October. The bodyguard's sentencing is set for June 25th, but his attorney plans to appeal the decision.
- Meanwhile, Adult Swim's cartoon The Boondocks returned Monday night (April 21st) and took some non-subtle jabs at Breezy. The episode spoofed Chris and his on-going legal issues. The show even mentioned his reported assault on his ex-girlfriend Rihanna from 2009.
RUMOR: JAY Z WILL PAY FOR KIMYE'S HONEYMOON
Rumor has it that since Jay Z and Beyonce won't be attending Kanye and Kim's wedding next month, they are going to pay for their honeymoon. According to The UK Sun, the power couple doesn't want to be filmed for TV, so they will pay for a $200,000 yachting honeymoon. Rumors are also swirling that Jay will be throwing Kanye a bachelor party at his NYC club 40/40
- KimYe's wedding is set to take place next month in Paris.
KANYE AMONG ROLLING STONE'S 20 LANDMARK PAPARAZZI MOMENTS
In other news, Kanye has made Rolling Stone's list of 20 Landmark Paparazzi Moments. Kanye's 2013 incidents with paparazzi at LAX made the list. Tupac Shakur also made the list.
JUSTIN BIEBER WANTS TO DELAY HIS MIAMI DUI TRIAL
E! News has reported that Justin Bieber wants to delay his Miami DUI trial. According to the site, the singer's lawyers filed papers in Miami on Monday (April 21st) to postpone Biebz's upcoming trial. His lawyers will meet with prosecutors and a Miami judge today (April 23rd) during a previously scheduled hearing. The judge will then make a decision on whether or not Bieber's court date will be rescheduled from his current May 5th date.
As previously reported, Bieber was arrested back in January after he failed a sobriety test and resisted arrest.
- The singer is currently vacationing with his mom in Japan.
KATY PERRY TAKES A DIFFERENT APPROACH WITH NEW VIDEO
Katy Perry put her sexy image to the side in the new video for her latest single, "Birthday." The singer admitted on Jimmy Kimmel Live Monday night (April 21st) that she was tired of making sexy music videos and decided to take a different approach. She explained, "I was sick of making gorgeous music videos where I'm like sexual."
In the video, Katy is dressed as "five of the world's worst birthday entertainers" -- Goldie "The Dancer," Yosef Shulem "The MC," Kriss "The Clown," Ace "The Animal Trainer" and Princess Mandee.
- The video for "Birthday" premieres tomorrow (April 24th).
LORDE CANCELS TOUR DATES, BATTLES ILLNESS
Lorde has canceled an eight-date tour of Australia as the 17-year-old singer battles what she described on Twitter as "a nasty chest infection" and "general ill health," according to Consequence Of Sound. The New Zealand-based artist wrote, "(I) am so gutted to have to do this, but my parents and my team stepped in telling me I needed a break after being non-stop since the Grammys in January . . . I just need time to get back to full Gollum girl fitness before i go out playing shows again."
- Lorde promised that the Australian dates would be rescheduled, most likely in November, with refunds available for those that can't make the rescheduled shows.
- Lorde has been going at it hard ever since performing at the Grammys in late January, where she won two awards. She kicked off her first full U.S. tour in March, joined the induction festivities for Nirvana at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame earlier this month, then flew straight out to California for a slot at the Coachella Festival for the past two weekends.
- The singer has been touring in support of her debut album, Pure Heroine, which features the monster smash "Royals" along with her current hit, "Team."
NICKI MINAJ IS RETURNING TO HER RAPSTRESS ROOTS
Nicki Minaj has revealed that she's bringing back "Old Nicki" on her upcoming third album, The Pink Print. The rapper insisted that there won't be another record like, "Super Bass." In an interview with MTV News, Nicki said, "In terms of the music, for 'Chiraq' and 'Lookin' As*' they're definitely more . . . they're back to my hip-hop roots. And I don't think that it's something that I'm necessarily trying to do. It's like, soon as I started working on my third album, that's just the songs that I've been writing. But, there are other types of music on the album that I'm super excited for. I don't want people to think that I am only gonna be doing that kind of music either. I'm just gonna do whatever my heart tells me to do."
Click here to listen to: NICKI MINAJ TALKS SHOCKING FANS WITH NEW LOOK
Click here to listen to: NICKI MINAJ RETURNING TO HER HIP-HOP ROOTS
SELENA GOMEZ INSTALLS PERIMETER GATE AT NEW HOME`
TMZ has reported that Selena Gomez is taking extra precautions with her new Calabasas home. The singer is getting a large perimeter gate installed around the $3 million estate to make it harder for intruders to get to her home. The community that Selena lives in is already gated, however her home was already broken into twice.
- Selena bought the home back in March.
SONGWRITER SIA WROTE RIHANNA'S RECORD 'DIAMONDS' IN 14 MINUTES
Singer/songwriter Sia has revealed that she wrote Rihanna's hit record "Diamonds" in 14 minutes. According to the New York Times, Benny Blaco -- who co-wrote and produced the track, said that the time in which the song was created was "insane."
The Australian singer told the site that RiRi used the original demo vocals on the song, using Sia's voice as a guide to recreate the same inflections. Sia recapped the experience, saying, "We listened to it on his Benny Blanco iPod, sitting on a sofa at ABC Carpet and Home in New York. I literally punched him in the arm. I thought Benny was playing a trick on me. She could've done it her own way, but I think she really genuinely liked the way it was."
Sia also mentioned that Beyonce's record, "Pretty Hurts" was actually intended for Katy Perry or Rihanna. Sia -- who penned the track, said the song was e-mailed to Katy, but she didn't see it. The track was also reportedly sent to RiRi, whose management held the song for eight months, but never paid for it.
- According to the publication, Katy texted Sia after hearing Bey's version and said, "I'm pretty hurt you never sent me this song." However, after Katy saw the e-mail, she said that the record was meant for Beyonce.