New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (5/6):
The new shows, in addition to the makeup date for the postponed May 5th Nashville show (rescheduled to Oct. 2nd), will come on the heels of Beyoncé's European tour.
- Among the shows added is a third New York concert, scheduled for Sept. 7th at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. She also tagged on a second L.A. show at Dodger Stadium on Sept. 14th.
- Formation is one of the biggest tours of 2016, and is poised to bring in more than $200 million, Billboard reports. Presale will take place May 13th.
AUTHORITIES PLACING FOCUS ON DOCTORS OVERPRESCRIBING PRINCE MEDICATION
TMZ has reported that authorities in Minnesota are focusing their investigation on Prince's doctors overprescribing the singer drugs. Sources have told the site that investigation is focusing heavily on the drug, Percocet. Law enforcement in Minnesota are looking at multiple doctors who prescribed medication to the singer, aliases that Prince and his doctors may have used, as well as the multiple pharmacies that filled the singer's prescriptions.
- It was previously reported that the DEA is now involved with the investigation however the site is now saying that the agency is on standby and the case is still being investigated by the state.
- Max Martin is producing the track, which is lifted from the Dreamwork movie Trolls' soundtrack.
BRITNEY SPEARS PENS SWEET LOVE LETTER TO SONS
Britney Spears wrote an adorable open letter to her sons, Sean Preston, 10 and Jayden James, 9, calling them her "masterpieces." The letter is in honor of Mother's Day, Sunday, May 8th.
The pop star's beautiful words were published in Time Magazine, as part of a collection of letters from celebrities including Tori Spelling, Debbie Reynolds and Amber Rose to their children.
- In the letter, she touched on her hopes for the boys in life, spirituality and love.
- The "Stronger" singer said, in part: "Always believe in yourself and know anything is possible. I pray dreaming awakens your soul to limitless possibilities. I hope the most precious mysteries of life stay with you always and you are never ashamed of how bright your light truly is. I hope you learn praying alone is when you are most connected to God, and know you are never alone. He is with you always.
- I pray you laugh, love and soar through your journey of life."
DEMI LOVATO GOES ON ALL-NIGHT TWITTER RANT OVER NICKI MINAJ
Demi Lovato is not pleased and she wants you to know all about it. In the wee hours Thursday, May 5th the chart-topping singer vented her frustrations on Twitter about how deep the drama between her and Nicki Minaj – and everyone else – has gotten.
In a widely circulated snap, Nicki, 33, cut Demi, 23, some major side-eye in a photograph taken on the red carpet at the Met Gala. Jeremy Scott, 40, the fashion designer who created both pop stars' gowns for the evening, was frozen, staring straight ahead, between the shade-throwing Nicki and the taken-aback Demi.
- The "Anaconda" rapper posted the photo, tagging Scott, but not mentioning Demi. Demi then took to Snapchat, saying: "When you aren't mentioned in a post but didn’t do s--t to the person," along with a silly selfie. Later, she shared the pic of Nicki and captioned it with hashtags including #notforme #sweatpants #forensicfiles #whatsgood," a line Nicki used against Miley Cyrus during their onstage showdown at the 2015 Video Music Awards.
- Apparently, she got blowback for her hashtags and comments, which in turn inspired the Twitter rant with posts saying,
- "Sometimes there's more to the story. Sometimes there's more s--t going on than you see," and then continuing: "Maybe you DON'T know every aspect of my life so maybe you shouldn't assume you know. Maybe I'm tired of sharing my story with the world."
- As the rant continued, she said, "Maybe my midnight rants are part of my bipolar disorder."
PIC OF JUSTIN BIEBER, SELENA GOMEZ KISSING TOPPLE KENDALL JENNER FROM INSTA THRONE
The unthinkable has happened: after a year of reigning supreme in Instagram land, model Kendall Jenner has been unseated. The viral picture of her laying down in a gorgeous gown with her hair fanned out around her, and heart shapes styled into her locks earned the most likes ever….
Until Justin Bieber shared a throwback picture of himself and Selena Gomez locking lips. (Both are wearing swimsuits and sunglasses, make the shot simultaneously steamy and impersonal).
- In less than two months, the smooch earned more than 3.582 million likes, thousands more than Kendall's 3.57 million.
GWEN STEFANI SLAYS 'CARPOOL KARAOKE’ WITH HELP FROM GEORGE CLOONEY, JULIA ROBERTS: Gwen Stefani sat shotgun, with George Clooney and Julia Roberts riding in the backseat for James Corden's latest classic installation of Carpool Karaoke. The segment aired May 4th on The Late Late Show. The trio launched immediately into Gwen's megahit "Don't Speak," and bantered about the meaning behind her lyrics and Gwen's seeming agelessness. She explained her timeless look saying "falling in love" is as good as getting a facelift.
ADELE HELPS GAY COUPLE GET ENGAGED AT CONCERT: Adele spotted a cute couple in the crowd at her show in Copenhagen, Denmark, and she stopped what she was doing to bring them onstage. (She reportedly really liked their ice-cream-cone shaped glasses). Andre Soderberg, 18, took the opportunity in the limelight to propose to his boyfriend, Simon Carlsson, 20. Adele was overjoyed, and jokingly offered to be the couple's surrogate.
MADONNA SAYS MET GALA OUTFIT WAS POLITICAL: Madonna made several worst-dressed lists for her Met Gala ensemble Monday evening. The black Givenchy incorporated a sheer, lace button-up shirtdress over a strategically revealing bodysuit. She topped off the look with athletic tap to cover her nipples, with additional strips on her arms and legs. In an Instagram post, Madge addressed the backlash she's received with a long caption, which included the observation that "The fact that people actually believe a woman is not allowed to express her sexuality past a certain age is proof that we still live in an age-ist and sexist society."