New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (12/16):
JENNIFER LOPEZ DOESN'T MIND BEING A COUGAR
Jennifer Lopez doesn't have a problem dating younger guys. In an interview with Self magazine, she said, "All the old cliches about women need to be undone. Enough already. We’re in the other position now. We are desirable older, we can date younger guys and it’s not this big taboo. Men have been doing this for years, and it’s no big deal. Enough with the cliches about women. We can date younger guys… it’s no big deal."
J.Lo also spoke on how she deals with breakups, saying, "When you have that much pain, you have to anesthetize yourself in some ways. People do different things. Some go out and party and sleep around, but that’s just not my way. I found the comfort in someone else. That’s called being a love addict."
- She continued, "When I face myself, I go, ‘You have a fear of really being on your own. So you know what? That’s what we’re gonna do right now.’ But it took me years to get there. So first it was learning to love myself. And then it was about facing my fears."
- The singer later mentioned her upcoming movie The Boy Next Door where she plays the role of a woman who has a one-night stand with a teenage. J.Lo explained that she relates to the character, saying, "I’ve been through divorce. I’ve been cheated on, just like every other girl in the world. So you sympathize, you understand the emotions. And I’ve dated a younger guy once in my life, so I could definitely understand that part, too — the attraction."
IGGY AZALEA TOPS GOOGLE'S SEARCH LIST
Iggy Azalea topped Google's search list this year. According to XXL.com, the search engine released its annual list and Iggy was searched on the site more that Lorde (number two), Solange (number five) and Nicki Minaj who came in at number six.
- Meanwhile, Iggy has revealed that she and Britney Spears have a song in the works. During a radio interview, the rapper said, "We have a song, which is going to be her first single, coming out next year. I still haven’t really got to have a conversation with her, so I’m hoping New Year’s will be the time I can get her in a corner. We recorded a few different things and then one of those just ended up being, I think, undeniably great."
IS NICKI MINAJ REALLY SINGLE?
Nicki Minaj has said that she is "single." During an interview with Ryan Seacrest, Nicki claimed that she was single after being asked if she is currently dating rapper Meek Mill. She then backtracked, seemingly referring her recent breakup with Safaree Samuels, saying, "Well, you know what, listen. I've been in a 12-year relationship, so I can't say I'm single." Nicki later said it's sad and that she doesn't want to say she's single.
Meanwhile, according to Hits Daily Double, Nicki's new album The Pinkprint has been projected to sell 180,000 units. Fans however took to Twitter to complain that her record wasn't available at Target stores. Nicki replied with an update, saying that some employees at Target were not told that the album was going to be released on a Monday and released it Tuesday (December 16th).
- In other news, producer Hit-Boy revealed that singer SZA helped write Nicki's collab with Beyonce called "Feeling Myself." Hit-Boy told Revolt, "Oh man, for this ‘Feeling Myself’ joint, shout out to the homegirl SZA from TDE. She wrote like a part on the beat that they used. And then, Bey ended up cutting it and I guess they needed a swap for ‘Flawless’ and it ended up being another plug HS87 beat and it just worked out."
The rapper tweeted early Tuesday (December 16th), "600,000 people rallied for justice on Dec. 13th #blacklivesmatter."
Fans of the rapper had been questioning why he had been silent about Garner and Brown.
- In other news, reports say that Kim Kardashian is mad at her hubby for leaving a family outing to go work. The family recently went to see Disney Stars on Ice, but the rapper left early. A source said, "Kanye bailed after thirty minutes because he had work commitments, including finishing work on the upcoming documentary about his Yeezus concert tour. Kim was absolutely furious with Kanye for leaving after only such a short time."
- The source added, "In the end, Kim ended up leaving before the show ended too, because she was in a bad mood. They have been fighting non-stop about Kanye’s priorities — which don’t seem to place emphasis on spending time with her."
MEL B'S HUSBAND TAKING LEGAL ACTION REGARDING ABUSE RUMORS
Mel B's husband Stephen Belafonte has spoken out further against rumors that he physically abused his wife. Belafonte previously took to Twitter to slam the rumors, but he has since told Radar Online that he plans to sue British tabloids over the allegations. He explained, "I will be filing lawsuits against the British tabloids tomorrow because they knew the story was false but published it anyway. Also, I will be filing lawsuits against individuals on Twitter, which is where these ridiculous rumors started. Anyone that was responsible for spreading these lies, will be held responsible."
- He added, "I would never lay a hand on my wife. I love her very much. She wasn’t wearing her wedding ring because her fingers were too swollen. I won’t go into what Mel was hospitalized for. That is for her to decide, if she wants to put out there."
BARE-FACED DEMI LOVATO COVERS 'ALLURE' MAGAZINE
Demi Lovato ditched her makeup in her latest spread for Allure magazine. Demi explained the new look, saying, "We wanted today to be super natural, show my skin, show my freckles. I do have a regimen and I stick to it. No matter how tired I am, I always take my makeup off before I go to sleep, I always wash my face, use a toner, sometimes a serum if I need some extra love. Then I wear a really thick night cream. I just listen to my skin."
Demi then revealed that she is embracing her curves. She said, "Also, wearing pants that showcase my beautiful assets. It's my butt. I love my butt. Hopefully it stays that way, cause this ain't going anywhere. I really started to accept my body when the trend started becoming less about super skinny models that was completely unattainable for anybody to have. Kim Kardashian, say whatever you want about her, but she has revolutionized what's accepted with curves nowadays."
- She added, "I'm getting more confidence in my body. As I've gotten older, I'm fine showing my cleavage. And tight-fitting stuff is fine, but short shorts, short skirts, short dresses—nobody's ever comfortable in that. If you are, then you probably live on a beach, and all you wear is a bikini."
- Demi also announced that she will be releasing a line of skincare products called Devonne by Demi.
HOW DOES BRITNEY SPEARS STAY SLIM AND TRIM?
Britney Spear has revealed how she keeps her girlish figure. The singer -- who is featured on the cover of the latest issue of Woman's Health, said, "Daily exercise is important for me both mentally and physically. I don’t mind working out. Trainers keep you motivated, but I didn’t have a problem being motivated. After I had eight-year-old son Jayden, it was real easy for me to get back in shape. But five years later, I started noticing changes in my body. My hips are a little bit wider because I’ve had kids. So it was crucial for me to be continuous with my exercise. Consistency is key."
She went on to share her routine, saying, "I like my workouts to be effective in a short amount of time. start with 20 minutes of intense cardio — usually running — move on to light free weights, body-weight exercises such as pushups, squats, and sit-ups, then finish it off with a stretch. I meditate. But I fall asleep," she says. "I’m either going wild in my head or I’m asleep."
- As far as her diet, Britney added, "I’m really into raw food — sushi basically. I love sweet tea!"
- She also said that she likes "any kind of fruit."
USHER ON HIS GIRLFRIEND: 'SHE'S AN INCREDIBLE PARTNER'
Usher recently gushed about his girlfriend and manager Grace Manuel. In an interview with Billboard, Usher said, "I have an incredible partner and manager. She has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life and my career."
- He continued, "She's someone who has been able to support and understand all of who I am. Not just as a dancer or as a performer or as a singer, but as a humanitarian and a businessman and as a person."