New Music Tuesdays...
Out this week (5/26):
DEMI LOVATO OPENS UP ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH
Demi Lovato has opened up more about her addiction struggles. During an appearance on the Today show, the singer said, "Yeah, I’ve been very open about my story just because I know the more honest and open I am, the more people I’m going to be able to reach. Mental illnesses in general, they’re not talked about as much as they should be. I would love for people to become more educated."
DEMI LOVATO TELLS 'PEOPLE' LIFE COULDN'T BE BETTER
Meanwhile, Demi has told People mag that she has been able to live out her dreams, despite her disorder. She explained, "I’m living well with my mental illness – I am actually functioning like a very happy person would. I couldn’t be happier today. Life is really, really great. I have a brand-new puppy and I’m able to not only take care of myself but take care of him as well. I’m living my dream. Life is pretty amazing."
Demi went on to say that the support from her boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama has helped her get to where she is today. She continued, "He’s been so helpful when it comes to being a part of my support group. The people that are closest to me in my life are understanding and are willing to call me out on things if they notice unhealthy behaviors coming into play. And he’s one of those people who’ve stuck by my side from day one of me getting help and saying, 'Listen, I’m not going to be a 'yes' person.' Someone that just says ‘yes’ to you because they’re afraid of what will happen to them because they don’t want to get out of the circle. He’s like, ‘I will always be honest with you and I always want the best for you,’ and that’s what he’s done and I’m so grateful to have him in my life."
- She then said, "My father had schizophrenia and bipolar disorder as well, and I watched him live a very unfortunate life because of the lack of access to treatment. So it’s very personal to me. I just think mental illness is something people need to learn more about and the stigma needs to be taken away from."
Click here to listen to: TODAYSHOW DEMI LOVATO TALKS MENTAL ILLNESS
MARIAH CAREY THROWS SHADE AT 'AMERICAN IDOL'
Mariah Carey is throwing shade at American Idol. During an Australian radio interview, when asked if MiMi will appear on the show for its final season, Mariah said, "Hell no, absolutely not. That was the worst experience of my life. I’m not going to get into what it was. But let’s just say, I don’t think they had any interest in us to have a good experience through that show. Putting two females against each other wasn’t cool. It should have been about the contestants instead of about some non-existent feud that turned into even more ridiculousness." Click here to listen to: MARIAH CAREY THROWS MORE SHADE AT 'AMERICAN IDOL'
Click here to listen to: MARIAH CAREY THROWS SHADE AT 'AMERICAN IDOL'
CHRIS BROWN POSTS OPEN LETTER ON INSTAGRAM
Yesterday (May 28th), Chris Brown took to Instagram to post an honest open letter, reflecting on his past mistakes. He wrote, "I'm Konfuzed, I always thought I knew the concept of love. Fame and Money can get in the way of that. Most of my issues always deal with love and me being in my feelings. Not to mention me being a dog sometimes. I can't speak for everyone but I can say that my actions contributed a lot to my karma. Being jealous and angry and controlling."
He continued, "There has been times where I looked in the mirror and hated the person I see. I talk to God a lot now. He's given me so much and I feel like I waste his gifts becuz of my impulsive personality. The world is full of negativity and I feel I play a part in it becuz of the choices I've made or mistakes. I tend to accept the negative or the riff raff becuz I know what it's like to be a young black 'n*gga' in America. I always see the good in people even when they don't see it. I love others more than myself at times. Everything u see on the surface does not reflect what's inside."
- He ended his letter with, "This is my white flag. I surrender to life and all its blessings. I refuse to be petty and attention seeking. To know me is to love me. Good Bad UGLY! Sincerely, Konfuzed."
CHRIS BROWN'S BABY MAMA SAYS HE DIDN'T SHOW UP TO ROYALTY'S B-DAY PARTY
In other news, sources close to Chris's baby mama Nia Guzman says that he did not attend his daughter Royalty's first birthday party. According to TMZ, sources say Chris didn't send a gift and didn't contribute financially to the party -- which was at Chuck E. Cheese. Nia says her boyfriend King Ba paid for everything.
Ba posted a pic with Royalty, along with the caption, "Wouldn't Miss This Day For Anything In This World."
- Sources say that Chris was in Miami shooting the video for "Fun" with Pitbull. He did call Royalty for her birthday and tried Facetiming her, but Nia's phone was acting crazy.
- Chris responded to the rumors on IG, saying, "Don't start wit this weak sh*t. I take care of my daughter and unlike some people she has two parents who care. That means she has two birthdays. Her mom and mine. So miss me with all this bs."
JAY Z ISN'T THE SOLE OWNER OF TIDAL
Jay Z is not the majority owner of Tidal. In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, Tidal exec Vania Schlogel said, "The artist owners felt very passionately about the mission upon which Tidal is founded, and so the artists are equal owners in the company. Jay’s capital that has gone in is at very – I would term it below market interest rate to support the company."
In other Tidal related news, according to Eurweb, Jay could lose Beyonce as a Tidal artist if her label -- Sony Records, doesn't get paid. Apparently, Tidal is facing a royalty dispute and Bloomberg's sources have said that Sony and Warner Records have been asking Tidal for large advances in exchange for the rights to stream their artists' catalogs.
- Reports are also saying that Tidal is depending on a cash infusion from Sprint to help pay Sony and Warner's royalty requests, but Sprint is saying that they have not made a financial investment in Tidal.
JAY Z'S 'BIG PIMPIN'' LAWSUIT CONTINUES
The Jasmine Brand has reported that the man suing Jay Z over his record "Big Pimpin'" is demanding that the court sanction the rapper with a fine of $100,000. Jay has been battling this lawsuit over the sample he used on the record since 2007. Osama Ahmed Fahmy has accused Jay of not handing over financial docs that disclosed how much money he made from performing "Big Pimpin'" in concert. Fahmy also said that Jay didn't hand over the financial records to hinder him from being able to put his case together for the trial.
- Fahmy says that a judge ordered Jay to hand over the documents relative to his income from concerts where he performed "Big Pimpin'." Fahmy, however, said that he didn't receive any documents showing Jay's concert income. He also said that Jay should be found in civil contempt for refusing to follow through with the judge's order. He is demanding that Jay pay $100,000 along with $1,000 a day until he turns in the documents.
TAYLOR SWIFT'S '1989' TOUR WRISTBAND SAVES THREE FAN'S LIVES
Taylor Swift's "1989" concert wristbands saved the lives of three of her fans. According to Gossip Cop viz WBRZ, two sisters -- Elizabeth and Caroline Dazzio, and their friend Emma were driving from Swift's concert in Baton Rouge, LA last week when Elizabeth fell asleep behind the wheel and crashed the car. She was knocked unconscious, while the other two girls were trapped in the back of the car.
The girls' friend Avery Talbot described the incident on Taylor's website, saying, "On her way home Elizabeth unfortunately fell asleep while getting off the interstate and got stuck under a pole. It was almost 1 A.M. and pitch black and the girls and totaled car could not be seen." She went on to say that Caroline and Emma were unsure about how they were going to get out of the car until one of their wristbands from the concert flashed.
- Avery continued, "As you touch your bracelet post-concert, it lights up and changes color. They started tapping the Bracelets to the windows & eventually a lady pulled aside to help. She said without those bracelets they probably would have not been seen… A Taylor Swift bracelet saved their lives."
- The woman who stopped to help, pulled the girls from the car and called 911. Elizabeth was hospitalized and is expected to make a full recovery.
- Taylor tweeted a link to the story about her three fans yesterday (May 28th) and said, "This is unreal. I’m so happy they’re okay."
REPORT: NICKI MINAJ ADMITS THAT HER BUTT IS FAKE?
Did Nicki Minaj admit to getting butt implants? According to Rumor Fix, a source said, "Nicki’s butt is 100% fake." The insider explained that he was at a small gathering with Nicki and friends when the rapper admitted that her butt is fake. She then reportedly allowed a close friend -- who is "one of the biggest directors in world of hip-hop," to touch her butt for proof.
The source added, "Nicki let him touch her butt and he felt the implant."
- In other news, rumor has it that things are going too well for Nicki and Meek Mill. According to Mediatakeout, Meek is in love with Nicki, but her reckless mouth is too much for him. Nicki even reposted a saying that model Draya uploaded to Instagram about "loving a damaged person." Meek then reportedly took to Twitter saying that someone needed to get out of their feelings.