WSTW Contest RulesOFFICIAL CONTESTING RULES & REGULATIONS & AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY & RELEASE
Delmarva Broadcasting Company
2727 Shipley Road
Wilmington, DE 19810
Delmarva Broadcasting Company Wilmington, (WSTW, WDEL, WFAI), its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its contests substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. For a list of participating stations for each individual contest, please visit the offices of this Station during normal business hours.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner fails to pick up a dated prize in time to redeem the benefit, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Prizes can be picked up at The Company business office (address above) between the hours of 8:30am to 5:30pm only. The Company business office will be closed on weekends and all major holidays. If you are picking up a prize for yourself, or as a proxy for other winners at The Company business office, you will be required to present your valid Photo I.D., and if picking up for others, present prior written consent from the person who you are representing and a copy of their valid Photo I.D. As proxy, you are limited to picking up prizes for (1) one other individual.
Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by The Company’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize from The Company does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, The Company will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
Upon accepting prize, winner acknowledges and agrees to all contest rules and regulations. In some cases the value of the prize requires a prize distribution/release form to be completed with a clear and readable photocopy of legal documents showing residence and social security number, and any additionally required forms before a prize may be picked up at The Company business office and/or mailed. If a prize is mailed to a winner at their request, the winner understands that The Company will send it via US Postal Service and is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail, and that the prize cannot be replaced if it is not received by the winner.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents, at least 16-years old (or as directed by specific contest rules) as determined by The Company and reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (DMA), as defined by Arbitron Inc. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, however the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any thirty (30) day period for prizes valued UNDER $600. For Prizes valued $600 and OVER, only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any ninety (90) day period. If the contest involves listener participation by voting for a contest participant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one vote per person unless noted in specific contest rules. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. Current and former employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “household” includes winners who share information (last name, address, home/work phone and cell phone numbers). The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms are permitted. When contest involves texting to win, participate or enter, all standard cell phone plan data and text rates apply.
- Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address unless noted in specific contest rules. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
- Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
- Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Winners must use their true, legal name (as it appears on their government issued ID and Social Security Card) when playing contests or claiming prizes and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
- Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary; purchase does not increase odds of winning. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. In all contests in which WSTW (the station) purchases lottery tickets for individual or pooled listeners, the station will claim five percent (5%) of all cash winnings for the purposes of administration of winnings distribution to qualified individual or pooled listeners.
- Employees of WSTW, WDEL, WFAI, Delmarva Broadcasting Company, immediate family members, sponsors, agents, affiliates, parent companies, and others acting on their behalf are not eligible to win.
- All of the above general contest rules apply in all cases, except when superseded by specific contest rules as detailed in each link below.
Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
WSTW-FM $10,000 Birthday Bonus Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL U.S. RESIDENTS, WHO MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED.
Promotion Period: Contest is scheduled to begin on 3/24/2016, and end on 5/4/2016 (the “Promotion Period”). Contest will be executed five (5) times per day, Monday - Friday between the Promotion Period at 7:10a ET, 9:10a ET, 12:10p ET, 3:10p ET, 5:10p ET. Contest is subject all federal, state and local laws and is void wherever prohibited.
Who May Enter: Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who reside within the broadcast coverage area of WSTW-FM, and who are age 18 or older as of date of entry, and have a valid driver’s license, valid Social Security number and valid original Birth Certificate, except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter:
- Employees, officers, and directors of WSTW-FM (“Sponsor/Administrator”), Delmarva Broadcasting Company, Million Dollar Media, LLC, each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this contest and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this contest, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grand children (including step grand children) and each of their respective spouses.
- Individuals whose birthday falls outside the designated range of dates from which the winning birth dates will be selected for each contest attempt. The winning range of birth dates are as follows: 5/5/1950 – 3/24/1998, inclusive.
How to Enter: Listen to WSTW-FM every weekday Monday – Friday during the promotional period at 7:10a ET, 9:10a ET, 12:10p ET, 3:10p ET, 5:10p ET, sponsor will promote the contest by announcing a ‘winning month’ on air, and instructing any listener who was born within the announced month to call the radio station. If you are born in the winning month, be the 15th caller to 800-544-9370 (or other station designated caller) randomly selected by the station following the on-air announcement of the winning month. In order to be eligible to participate in the contest, the selected caller must meets each of the eligibility requirements outlined above, and must actually have been born in the designated winning month announced on air for that particular contest attempt.
Finalist Selection: A maximum of one (1) contestant will be randomly selected to participate in each contest attempt. The eligible contestant will be the 15th caller (or other station designated caller) taken by the contest administrator, who meets all the eligibility requirements to participate in the contest. If any selected caller does not meet the eligibility requirements, was not born in the announced month, or does not wish to participate in the grand prize contest – they will be disqualified. Sponsor will then select an alternate contestant by randomly selecting the next caller until an eligible contestant is identified. Decisions of the contest administrator in determining the correct caller and official contestant for each contest attempt are final and binding in all matters relating to this contest. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions or any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his or her telephone call, entering or participating in the contest.
Contestants may participate in the contest a maximum of one (1) time during the entire Promotion Period. Any eligible contestant must be the participant who originally dialed the phone to participate in the contest. The phone call may not be transferred to any other individual at any time during the call. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in the contest on another person’s behalf. The identified contestant must provide their own name and their own birth date. If a contestant uses a false name or birth date, they will be immediately disqualified from the contest and be ineligible to win any prize. In the event a Contestant’s call is disconnected or lost for any reason during a prize-winning attempt, the Contestant will be disqualified and the prize-winning attempt will be cancelled.
Grand Prize Contest: A predetermined winning birth date (Month, Day & Year) will be randomly preselected by an independent administrator for each particular contest attempt. The winning birth date selected for each contest attempt will be placed in a sealed envelope.
- Following the selection of each eligible contestant, the contest administrator will require the contestant to identify their complete name, address, and phone number prior to attempting the contest. The contest administrator will then confirm that the contestant was in fact born during the predetermined winning month designated for that particular contest attempt.
- After confirming the contestant eligible to participate, the contest administrator will then open the sealed prize envelope for that particular contest attempt, and announce the winning day printed on the certificate contained in the sealed envelope.
- If the contestant was not born on the exact same day, the contest is ended and no bonus prize or grand prize will be awarded for that contest attempt.
- If the eligible contestant was in fact born on the exact same winning day designated for that particular contest attempt, then the contest administrator will continue by announcing the winning year printed on the certificate contained in the sealed prize envelope.
- If the contestant was not born on the exact same year, the contest is ended and no grand prize will be awarded for that contest attempt.
- If the eligible contestant was in fact born on the exact same winning year assigned to that particular contest attempt, then the contestant will be required to provide additional identification information including their driver’s license number, social security number, and mother’s maiden name, and will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to verification and compliance with these official rules and the terms and conditions of sponsor’s prize coverage contract.
Important: Sponsor and all related promotional parties are not responsible for any incorrect or mistaken announcement of any portion of the winning birth date printed on the certificate contained in the sealed envelope by the contest administrator, or any miscommunication between the contestant and contest administrator regarding either the contestant’s actual birth date or the winning date. In order to claim the grand prize, the eligible contestant’s birthday must exactly match the actual predetermined winning month, day and year printed on the certificate contained in the sealed envelope designated for that particular contest attempt, regardless of the actual date announced or any communication between the contestant and contest administrator. All contest attempts will be recorded in their entirely by the contest administrator on audio tape.
Prize Awards & Delivery:
Month Bonus Prize (Month Match): Eligible contestants selected as the grand prize finalist who exactly match their birthday to the predetermined winning month assigned to their particular contest attempt, will be eligible to claim the Month Bonus Prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The Month Bonus Prize is: $100 Cash.
A maximum of one hundred and fifty (150) Month Bonus prizes will be awarded, to the first (150) eligible contestants to complete the Month Bonus prize winning requirements. In the event that no eligible contestant exactly matches the winning Month during their contest attempt, then the Month Bonus prize will NOT be awarded.
Month & Day Bonus Prize (Month & Day Match): In the event that an eligible contestant exactly matches their birthday to the predetermined winning month & day assigned to their particular contest attempt, then that finalist will be eligible to claim the Month & Day Bonus prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize is: $1,000 Cash.
A maximum of one hundred and fifty (150) Month & Day Bonus prizes will be awarded, to the first (150) eligible contestants to complete the Month & Day Bonus prize winning requirements. In the event that no eligible contestant exactly matches the winning Month, Day and Year during their contest attempt, then the Month & Day Bonus prize will NOT be awarded.
Grand Prize (Month, Day & Year Match): In the event that an eligible contestant exactly matches their birthday to the predetermined winning month, day & year assigned to their particular contest attempt, then that finalist will be eligible to claim the grand prize, subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize is: $10,000 Cash.
A maximum of two (2) grand prizes will be awarded, to the first two eligible contestants to complete the grand prize winning requirements. In the event that no eligible contestant exactly matches the winning Month, Day and Year during their contest attempt, then the grand prize will NOT be awarded.
All prize awards are non-cumulative (i.e. in the event of a valid and approved Month and Day match, the contestant will only be eligible to win the $1,000 prize). In the event of a prize claim, the contestant will be required to provide sufficient personal identification to their participating radio station by 5:00pm the following business day including their valid driver’s license or government issued identification, valid social security card and original birth certificate. The information on the identification must exactly match the information provided by the contestant during the contest call, and their actual birth date must exactly match the winning birth date the contestant was required to match for their particular contest attempt and corresponding prize award. Failure to produce the required documents and information within the required time limit will result in forfeiture of the prize.
Prize winner(s) must accept delivery of prize from sponsor, or as otherwise instructed by sponsor. All other costs related to prize delivery and acceptance is the responsibility of winner including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except at sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. Other restrictions may apply. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded. Any unclaimed prizes will not be awarded, except as provided herein.
Prize winner(s) will be required to complete and return a W-9 form (if prize value exceeds $600.00), affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (Tennessee residents need not sign publicity release), and present a valid driver’s license and social security card before prize will be awarded. Winners of prizes greater than $600.00 will be issued a 1099 form reflecting the value of the prize(s) and are responsible for paying all income taxes on prize(s).
Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation. Total ARV of all prizes: $185,000.
Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to this contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in contest constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any media worldwide without limitation or further compensation unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize.
Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners. By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold sponsor, and released parties (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto), and to assume all liability in connection therewith.
Releasees shall not be liable to any winner, entrant or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be awarded for any reason.
IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Odds: The odds of being selected as an official contestant to participate in the contest are dependent upon the number of calls received. The odds of an eligible contestant winning the grand prize for correctly matching the winning month, day & year are approximately 1:1,450.
Winners List: For a copy of these Official Rules or for a list of prize winner(s), if any, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: WSTW-FM $10,000 Birthday Bonus, 2727 Shipley Road, Wilmington, DE 19810. Requests must be received by 7/3/2016. PLEASE SPECIFY which you are requesting.
Contest Sponsor/Administrator: This contest is sponsored/administered by WSTW-FM, 2727 Shipley Road, Wilmington, DE 19810.